Post by kingswoodpolak on Aug 17, 2014 7:06:43 GMT
Here are the comments for those that cannot use the link
Taken from Altrincham fans forum. All comments below is every comment posted on that forum.
1) "Handbags after the match outside the ground between Rovers fans and players. Got quite heated with very raised voices. One fan ran on the team coach hotly pursued by club officials. Our board came out to see what was going on. A minibus of Gasheads had a drive by shouting "What a load of rubbish" several times. I think they were a bit upset!"
2) "I kept my eye on the attitude of their fans towards their own players throughout the match, as I could sense it would turn ugly at some point. I'm not a bit surprised that there was a bit of trouble after the game. Fans who have travelled so far to watch their team deserve better than that to be honest.I thought their best player was the half time sub, the one who looked like a fisherman and got sent off - at least he gave a damn. They could be in for a very long season."
3) "not surprised. they were dreadful "
4) "A few took down their flag and left the ground when the second goal went in..........bizarre considering how long was left to play. Worzel Gummidge (Sinclair) actually started the game......I said to others during the game he was their best player, but he was wasted when moved to full back"
5) "Bristol Rovers need to learn quickly that they don't just turn up at places like Alty and assume its a given that its 3 points just for turning up. We were the better team by far. Well done lads nice to get 3 points in front of a decent crowd just like the old days"
6) "I don't blame them to be honest. As disrespectful as it is to us they simply can't accept being beaten by what they think is a team of butchers and bus drivers. I actually thought their fans were a credit to them, could have easily taken their anger out on innocent Alty fans and most had a terrible journey up as well with the traffic."
7) "They should be shouting and asking questions, they could easily have been on the back of a hiding today but for better finishing. Most of that Bristol rovers squad have conference experience, they've big problems at present"
8) "I think the manager and board should have a good look in the mirror!! Not a good side. Another x league club, who didn't know how good a league the conferance is. Fair credit to their fans. They deserve more."
9) "I think there was mutual respect between the supporters today. They could have gone to some grounds and been easy clapped by drum bearing f**king weirdos, but we've a but more about us then that. Feel very sorry for them, but let's not forget an absolutely superb shift by our lads. A lot of young footballers grew up today and a lot of more experienced lads got their mojo at this level back. Bring on southport."
[Links removed for Guests - please log in to see this link.]